The Ivanhoé Cambridge Real Estate Chair invites researchers and students to participate to a specific session on « Operationalization of sustainable development in real estate » within the 10th RIODD Congress to be held at the Université du Québec à Montréal from July 15 to 17 2015.
The main objective of this symposium is to stimulate the development of new scientific knowledge in the operationalization of sustainable development in real estate:
• by using a multidisciplinary and systemic approach;
• by fostering close collaboration between researchers and practitioners in the real estate industry.
The session program focuses on three main themes:
• Theme 1: sustainable real estate and strategic management;
• Theme 2: tall buildings' life cycle, risk management and resilience of urban infrastructure and essential services;
• Theme 3: assessment, insurance, finance and investment in tall buildings.
All proposals should aim theoretical innovations or practices related to tall buildings for at least one of the two themes:
1. indicators, measures, certifications and valuation methods applied to sustainable development fields , risks management (operational, human, natural, environmental, social, urban, etc.) and resilience of tall buildings, considering as well their interdependencies with urban infrastructure, essential services and other buildings in city centers;
2. the impacts of these innovations on large buildings and city centers' valuation methods and on insurers, lenders and investors' business models.
All proposals shall be sent no later than March 30th 2015 by e-mail at:
All candidates, whether their proposal is accepted or rejected, will be advised within the week of April 1st 2015.
You will find all the appropriate information via the following link: